Availability for Walk-in Visits
  • Existing clients: We are available for walk-ins 11AM to 6PM from Nov 29 to Dec 1.
  • Existing clients: We are available for walk-ins 11AM to 6PM from Dec 6 -8.
  • Interested in becoming a new client? Please see Get Started page for instructions.


Do you help veterans with Social Security Disability?

We do not assist with social security disability. For North Carolina residents, we suggest you contact Fred D. Webb, Esq.. Mr. Webb is a Army veteran and has been been in practice for decades. His information is as follows:

Fred D. Webb Jr., Esq.
Social Security Disability Attorney
349 Carthage Street
Sanford, NC 27330
Phone: (919) 775-1212
Contact Mr. Webb if your initial claim for SSD has been denied and you are looking to appeal that denial. If you are already service connected for any VA disabilities, we suggest you take all VA award letters and pertinent medical records with you when meeting with Mr. Webb. 

Do I need to call before coming to the Veterans Pavilion?

No you don't need to call before visiting us but you should always check our website prior to visiting. While we are in office most Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, our availabilty does change from week to week. Whether coming from across town or across the state, please take a minute to check our website prior to traveling to see us. We'll post a message about our availability from week to week.

Who can be helped at the Veterans Pavilion?

Any veteran filing a claim for VA benefits can be helped. If you do not have a viable claim in our assessment, we will  be forthright in telling you so. If you do have a viable claim, we are happy to assist you through the process.

The surviving spouse of a deceased veteran can be helped when the veteran met any of the criteria listed below:

  • died as the result of a service-connected disability
  • died on active duty
  • was rated "Totally" disabled for the 10 year period by a service-connected disability at time of death


How do I get to the Veteran's Pavilion? I need directions.

We are located at 7072 NC Highway 751 in Durham, NC.

From Raleigh and areas east of Durahm

  • From I-40 W, take exit 274 toward NC-751 N
  • turn right onto Highway 751 N
  • destination will be on left
  • Suite 104

From Greensboro and areas West of Durham

  • From I-40 E, take exit 273 for NC-54 E toward Durham
  • tTurn left onto NC-54 E
  • destination will be on Right at corner of NC Highway 54 and NC Highway 751
  • Suite 104

We've been trying to reach you by phone. When is the best time to call?

Because of the volume of clients we serve, we rarely accepted phone calls in the past. We are working to improve this. You can reach us by phone, email or in-person visit. Prior to visiting in-person, please check our website's homepage to confirm our availability. 

Is the Veterans Pavilion Wheelchair Accessible?

The Veterans Pavilion is Wheelchair accessible. We have  reserve parking in front and can accomodate clients with wheelchairs and walkers.

Is there a fee Veterans Pavilion's services or are you a non-profit operating off of donations?

Yes, for most most claims this is a voluntary fee. We are not a non-profit nor are we a government entity operating from government funds. For claims that pay veterans retroactively, our fee is 10% of your retro payment each time our work gets you a retro payment. There is no fee for non-retro claims and veterans never owe us before a decision has been rendered and the veteran has been paid first. Not all veteran claims pay veterans retroactively and with some claims, because of payouts that veterans received at discharge, some veterans receive no retro payment until those balances are paid. Still, we take on those claims as well without regard of whether we'll receive a fee.

For decades there has never been a fee agreement or written contract. We have only requested that veterans contribute 10% of their retro. However, they have never  been required to contribute anything.

Can you assist with survivor benefits?

You will need to a documentation showing what disabilities the late veteran had VA service-connected, a copy of the death certificate and any documentation showing the veteran's total disability rating and how long he/she had been service-connected. If you are not in possession of the records we should be able to assist you with requesting them.

How can I request my records prior to visiting the Veterans Pavilion?

If you've never filed a claim, you can request your service medical records and personnel file:

download and complete Form SF 180 - Download Form | sample-form180
Mail to: Department of Veterans Affairs
Records Management Center
P.O. Box 5020
St. Louis, MO 63115-5020

* average time for delivery is 3 to 6 weeks


If you have previously filed a claim or you already have a service-connected disability, you can request your service medical records, personnel file and/or prior rating decisions by:

For Current Treatment Records, you can visit the medical facility offices and request a copy of your treatment records.